Friday, April 6, 2012

A Little Bit of Sweet Lovin'... (Houston, Texas)


I know, I know... this has been more of a photography blog than a food/life blog this past week.  But my guess is that you will be able to find it deep in your heart to forgive me when you see how adorable my friends are.  (And besides, you are probably too busy with Easter stuff right now to even really care about tuna casserole with spinach or something like that, right?  Right.)




These pictures were actually taken back in January, but were under lock and key until my friends made them public, which they just did.  Finally!  I have been itchin' to share them. 



And wouldn't you know it... Train's "Marry Me" just came on Pandora.  Perfect!




Let me tell you about these two lovebirds.  Querubia is one of my very closest friends.  You might have already read about her and her amazing turkey-sandwich smoothies.  But what you don't know is that she is the one who introduced me to my husband.  Via an MSN instant messenger conversation.  She says she was trying to get Paulo someone to practice English with, but I am not so sure... ;) 



She was my very first Brazilian friend, and she has remained one of my very best of all friends throughout the years.  The past few years have seen her here in America and back home in Brazil for periods of time, but throughout it all, no matter where we were at physically, we have remained connected -- both through good times and very difficult life situations.  That is real friendship, right?


But right now we celebrate one of those really good, no, GREAT times.  She has found the love of her life, and I must say -- after spending this weekend with them in Texas, he gets my full approval! 




I feel very honored to not only have been selected as one of the bridesmaids, but to have them ask me to come out to do their engagement pictures.  I will be heading back out in a few short months to spend a few days with them, celebrating that sweet love that they publically declare their love in front of all of their friends, family, and God.  And I can't wait!



4 comments:

  1. Incredible pictures, Tiff. You really connect with the personalities, the emotions of your subjects, especially when they are joyous.

    And the composition and lighting are wonderful. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful!! I love the light, and all the different angles you photographed them from, especially the one with their reflection in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my wonderful pictures. Thank you so much for being part of this special moment of my life. I love you dearly! Can't wait to see you. Only 60 days until our dream day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I shed tears! Congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for making my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...