Dinner. In 15 minutes. Start to finish.
You like the sound of that, don't you?
I know it sounds too good to be true. Trust me, I thought so too. Yet Taste of Home's Fresh and Easy cookbook lived up to its promise. Fresh. Easy. And my favorite... fast.
Really, it is just six simple steps:
So, next time you are feeling like heading to McDonald's for something quick and easy, instead pull out some asparagus. It's easier, faster, and a whole heck of a lot better for you! And I can guarantee it tastes better :)
Recipe from Taste of Home: Fresh and EasyINGREDIENTS
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
- Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warmed.
- Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSISOne serving (2 topped muffin halves) equals 385 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.